|Published||August 23, 2023|
|Location||Salt Lake City, United States of America|
This position supports the department by performing assigned tasks or assisting with assigned projects, allowing the apprentice to gain an understanding of Data Science. This position allows the incumbent to gain work experience in one or more non-clinical roles. The work experience and projects are typically under general supervision of one or more subject matter experts and support Intermountain’s operations, mission, vision and values.
• Demonstrated programming experience with R or Python
• Demonstrated experience or coursework in statistics, data science, or machine learning
Currently we are unable to consider candidates for remote opportunities in the following states: California, Hawaii, Rhode Island and Washington
The Apprentice working in one of the Business areas participates and is involved in a variety of projects that support the needs of the department / facility. The position works with the members of the team to identify solutions and perform tasks that accomplish individual and team goals. The position attends team / department meetings and actively participate / take on opportunities to share knowledge and skills that are pertinent to the meeting. They gain knowledge of the department’s / facilities functions and may job shadow various roles within the department in order to understand their role in the organization and work with other members of the department / facility to accomplish assigned tasks. The position may also be responsible for project assistance and may be assigned one or more specific projects during the Apprenticeship. They will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the process and have accountability for the results / outcomes, working independently or as a member of a team to accomplish the tasks necessary to successfully complete the project, involving others when needed in a timely manner and work to meet project timelines. This position will also provide staff operational / clerical support to the department / facility as needed.
Apprenticeships require a business justification from each department and / or facility and must support projects or processes that add value to Intermountain. This position is temporary by nature, lasting less than 12 months. Temporary positions are not eligible for Intermountain’s benefits programs, PTO accrual or paid holidays.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer hardware (pc, mouse, monitor, keyboard).
- Valid driver's license or the ability to travel within the Intermountain system. (Position may often require individual to travel between facilities to provide support)
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with a keen attention to detail.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated programming experience with R or Python
- Demonstrated experience or coursework in statistics, data science, or machine learning
- Students in business or technical areas of study, who are in the first two years of an undergraduate program at an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Demonstrated understanding of troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of industry standard word processing and spreadsheet software.
Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity
Anticipated job posting close date:
Key Bank Tower
Salt Lake City
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$16.67 - $23.32
We care about your well-being – mind, body, and spirit – which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers, and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers; and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.