|Published||September 5, 2023|
|Location||San Francisco, United States of America|
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. The Client has worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
The Client has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Applied AI Engineer plays a critical role in bringing Generative AI and Machine Learning (ML) solutions to Enterprise Analytics. These technologies offer transformative potential to optimize operations, generate valuable insights, and drive innovation, thus shaping our organization's future.
The AI Engineer will play a pivotal role in identifying, testing, and implementing scalable and cost-effective AI and ML solutions across the teams supported by Enterprise Analytics. Through maintaining, troubleshooting, and optimizing AI models, as well as developing business applications on top of them, this role will be instrumental in enhancing our organization's analytical capabilities. The role will work directly with business stakeholders, IT partners, enterprise data architects, data engineering, and external service providers to ensure that new capabilities meet the needs of the business and can support its growth.
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure for incorporating and fine-tuning third-party AI NLP and/or Computer Vision models into the company's technology stack.
- Troubleshoot any integration issues and ensuring the seamless operation of the integrated models.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the functional needs and fine-tune and/or train AI models to improve their performance on specific tasks.
- Build end-to-end ML Ops pipelines, including AI applications. Maintain, troubleshoot, and optimize ML and AI models in production environment, monitor models' performance.
- Build business applications on top of AI models, work with a team of engineers to develop and deploy ML solutions.
- Minimum bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, data science, or a related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in machine learning, with a strong understanding of the latest ML research and technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with LLMs/Generative AI models
- Strong programming skills in Python (3+ years), SQL
- Experience with a variety of ML frameworks and libraries, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, and scikit-learn
- Familiarity with open-source LLM/CV models and platforms, such as Hugging Face, LangChain, etc
- Proficiency with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or AWS
- Familiarity with a cloud-based data warehousing platform such as Snowflake and data analytics platforms such as Databricks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
170,000 - 225,000 + BONUS + EQUITY + BENEFITS