|Published||March 17, 2023|
|Location||Saint Paul, United States of America|
Saint Paul, MN, US
Murata Vios is a global medical device company dedicated to creating a paradigm shift in the way healthcare is delivered. Through the utilization of our internet-of-things medical-grade sensors and virtual patient care services, we plan to lower the cost of healthcare and improve patient outcomes. Murata Vios is seeking qualified individuals who contribute to our vision through sound product development engineering practices and passionate sales and marketing leadership.
St. Paul, Minnesota
The Algorithm Scientist position's primary responsibility is to work as a part of a team to implement new and novel algorithms for use in a new category of a medical device monitoring system. The objective is to work with team members to design, characterize the performance of the algorithms, document specifications, and communicate those specifications to the team's engineers for implementation in the monitoring system.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop new and novel algorithms and data analysis features for our monitoring system. Test and characterize the algorithms efficiency and specificity for given data sets.
- Create and maintain design specifications and documentation, to be communicated to team engineers, as well as, work with engineers on the implementation of the algorithm to develop a production-ready real-time embedded system.
- Develop, Test, and characterize algorithms. Making decisions regarding the tradeoff between speed/efficiency, and accuracy/precision of the algorithms.
- Develop and maintain effective testing requirements, that cover general use cases of the system. Use proprietary intellectual property and leverage existing technologies in new and interesting ways to develop new system features.
- Create and maintain documentation on the design and implementation of developed research prototype codes.
Miscellaneous Job Responsibilities
- Project Management duties as assigned including communication with external customers.
- Evaluate field-based issues and evaluate failure modes in the current design.
- PhD plus 2+ years of relevant experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related major.
- MS plus 5+ years of relevant experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related major.
- Digital Signal Processing.
- Signal Conditioning and Feature Extraction.
- TransformsNector Spaces.
- Machine Learning (SVM, Clustering, Neural Networks), Deep Learning (preferred).
- Strong MATLAB skills.
- Strong ability to work in a team setting, as well as, communicate and document results.
- CIC++, Python, Linux (preferred).
Create a better life for patients, clinicians, and hospital administrators by joining the Murata Vios team. Murata Vios offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabilities/Veterans
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis