|Published||December 29, 2022|
|Location||Santa Clara, United States of America|
Intel Emergent AI Research Lab is creating the next generation of AI systems, pushing the boundaries of research and technology to produce a positive impact in society. You have now the opportunity to join our world-class team of international researchers and engineers, working together to unleash the power of AI at scale.
Our lab is currently working on multiple research problems combining ideas from multiple domains, including Virtual Worlds/Simulation, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, 3D geometry, and Computer Vision. Our research on Virtual Worlds and synthetic data generation will redefine the way AI models are built and deployed in the near future, directly benefiting the fields of digital twins, robotics, and autonomous driving, among many others.
We are looking for research scientists passionate about one or several of the topics below:
- Computer graphics and rendering
- Digital Twins
- Leveraging virtual worlds and simulation as an engine to build new AI solutions
- Probabilistic programming and its application to generating procedural contents
- Machine learning applied to graphics or simulation
- Working with state-of-the-art game engines, e.g., Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.
You will be responsible for conceiving, researching, prototyping, and publishing new techniques in one of the domains listed above. You are expected to have a strong knowledge of mathematics, algorithmic
techniques, and machine learning. You will also need to have a comprehensive understanding of the state of the art, and to be a regular contributor to top scientific venues (e.g., CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS,
ICLR, ICML, SIGGRAPH). The successful candidate will also possess strong verbal and written communication skills and a team-oriented mindset.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top
candidates. The experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your work experience, graduate school, postdoc research, and/or relevant internship experiences.
- The candidate must possess a Ph.D. degree in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, or similar technical discipline
- At least 5 publications in first-tier highly selective international conferences such as CVPR ICCV ECCV ICML NeurIPS ICLR or SIGGRAPH
- 5+ years of experience in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Simulation, etc., in connection to the list of research topics listed above.
- Software engineering experience demonstrated through publicly available software systems
- 10+ publications in first-tier highly selective international conferences such as CVPR ICCV ECCV ICML NeurIPS ICLR or SIGGRAPH
- Experience with Machine Learning frameworks, e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet
Inside this Business Group
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
This role is available as a fully home-based and generally would require you to attend Intel sites only occasionally based on business need. This role may also be available as our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.