|Published||March 5, 2023|
Intel Emergent AI Research Lab is creating the next generation of AI systems, pushing the boundaries of research and technology to produce a positive impact in society. You have now the opportunity to join our world-class team of international researchers and engineers, working together to unleash the power of AI at scale.
Our lab is currently working on multiple research problems combining ideas from multiple domains, including Virtual Worlds/Simulation, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, and Computer Vision. Our research on Virtual Worlds and synthetic data generation will redefine the way AI models are built and deployed in the near future, directly benefiting the fields of robotics, autonomous driving, among many others.
We are looking for research interns that are passionate about one or several of the topics below:
- AI approaches to create photorealistic 3D contents from images/videos (e.g., NERF-like techniques, GANs, etc.)
- Generative methods to boost photorealism in computer graphics
- Differentiable and neural rendering
- Leveraging virtual worlds and simulation as an engine to build new AI solutions
- Probabilistic programming and its application to generating procedural contents
- Domain adaptation, and transfer learning from Virtual Worlds/Simulation
You will be responsible for conceiving, researching, prototyping, and publishing new techniques in one of the domains listed above. You are expected to have a strong knowledge of mathematics, algorithmic techniques, and machine learning. You will also need to have a comprehensive understanding of the state of the art, and to be a regular contributor to top scientific venues (e.g., CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, SIGGRAPH). The successful candidate will also possess strong communication skills and a team-oriented mindset.
Please note that the student needs to be enrolled for the full duration of the student employment.
You must possess the below requirements to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through schoolwork and/or classes and/or project work and/or internships and/or military training and/or work experience.
- The candidate must be pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical areas
- 1 publication in first-tier highly selective international conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR, or SIGGRAPH
- 2+ years of experience in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Simulation
- Software engineering experience demonstrated through publicly available software systems
- 2+ publications in first-tier highly selective international conferences such as CVPR ICCV ECCV ICML NeurIPS ICLR or SIGGRAPH
Inside this Business Group
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.
In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.