|Published||February 17, 2023|
|Location||Forest Home, United States of America|
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com/en.
Sony Corporation of America currently has an opening for AI/ML Vision & Language Research Intern in our R&D Center US Lab. located in San Jose, CA.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a talented research team in multidisciplinary efforts to develop Sony’s future products and services. We’re inventing the technology and products that inspire customers all over the world, and soon you could be working to bring your ideas to life! This internship is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in exciting entertainment industry applications as well as cutting-edge research experience in the field of advanced Computer Vision and Natura Language Processing, based on the AI and Machine Learning.
If you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to see what you’ve got!
- Research and evaluate the performance of state-of-the-art computer vision and natural language processing with respect to latest deep learning algorithms.
- Apply software engineering skills to prototype algorithms to identify challenges for our research.
- Learn, collaborate, and network alongside world-class researchers and creators to investigate algorithms; present your findings and contribute to industry leading entertainment technology community.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- M.S., Ph.D. candidate, or Post-doc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Research background in the area of AI/Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing or related areas.
- Familiarity with neural network modeling and analysis, formulate optimization flow using PyTorch, TensorFlow, NNabla or equivalent deep learning framework.
- Familiarity with Python and/or modern C++ for rapid algorithm prototyping.
- Familiarity with camera geometry and geometric algebra
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Knowledge and experiences in generative models (GAN, VAE, DPM )
- Knowledge and experiences in transformer models (BERT, GPT)
- Knowledge and experiences in vision & language models
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Ability to work remotely or/and onsite flexible to the situation changes.
The target hourly rate for this internship is $45.00 per hour. The individual will be paid hourly and eligible for overtime.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
While SCA does not require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, there are certain Sony offices that require employees to be vaccinated in order to enter. If you will be located at or travel to those offices, you will be required to be fully vaccinated to enter. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccination status or any indication of a possible request for a vaccination accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.