Advancing the World’s Technology Together
Our technology solutions power the tools you use every day--including smartphones, electric vehicles, hyperscale data centers, IoT devices, and so much more. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of a global leader whose innovative designs are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and powering the future.We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re dedicated to empowering people to be their true selves. Together, we’re building a better tomorrow for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
Location: San Jose, CA
- Hybrid, working onsite at our headquarters 3 days per week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time
Reports to: Staff Engineer, Machine Learning
What You’ll Do
Samsung Display America Lab is looking for Machine Learning engineer intern who will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies for future generation of display systems and devices. As a Machine Learning engineer intern, you will help to build the next generation of machine learning systems by designing novel algorithms to solve industrial-AI problems. The team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with particular focus on deep learning, reinforcement learning, graph and optimization.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine learning for Industrial AI applications.
- Apply expert software development skills to ML-related coding projects
- Develop solutions for real world problems
What You Bring
- Pursuing university degree in Computer Science or related areas. PhD preferred.
- Expertise in one or more of deep learning, reinforcement learning, optimization, time series, and/or graph network. Specific machine learning skills in optimization, reinforcement learning is a plus.
- Expertise/Experience in learning algorithms (statistical modeling and regression analysis, feature extraction and selection, multilinear subspace learning, deep learning). Experience in adapting standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU) preferred.
- Prior working experience in deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras and/or Mxnet).
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Good communication skills and presentation skills, able to clearly articulate the problem statements and the solution approach
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
What We Offer
An investment in your future, is an investment in ours. That’s why we offer a diverse package of benefits centered around the wellbeing of our employees and their loved ones. In addition to competitive compensation and the usual Medical/Dental/Vision/401k, our inclusive curation of benefits empower our people to care for their whole selves.
Give Back With a charitable giving match and frequent opportunities to get involved, we take an active role in supporting the community.
Enjoy Time Away You’ll start with 4+ weeks of paid time off a year, plus holidays and sick leave, to rest and recharge.
Care for Family Whatever family means to you, we want to support you along the way—including a stipend for fertility care or adoption, medical travel support, and an errand service.
Prioritize Emotional Wellness With on-demand apps and paid therapy sessions, you’ll have support no matter where you are.
Stay Fit Eating well and being active are important parts of a healthy life. Our onsite Café and gym, plus virtual classes, make it easier.
Embrace Flexibility Benefits are best when you have the space to use them. That’s why we facilitate a flexible environment so you can find the right balance for you.
To help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, we’ve developed guidelines for our teams. Currently, we encourage vaccination for all employees, and may require it depending on job functions (e.g., traveling for business, meeting with customers). While visiting our offices or attending team events, we ask employees to complete a daily health questionnaire and complete a weekly COVID test. Our COVID policies are subject to change depending on public health, regulatory and business circumstances.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Samsung Semiconductor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.