AI/ML Radar Research Data Scientist
|Published||January 3, 2023|
|Location||San Diego, United States of America|
Leidos tackles the most challenging national defense problems using advanced signal processing algorithms and data analytics. At our San Diego office, we have a dedicated and experienced team of scientists and engineers devoted to squeezing the last bit of information from every data set, and we seek a candidate with an interest in AI/ML algorithm research, development, and implementation, who also possesses a strong scientific curiosity and desire to learn new things. Leidos is an employee-friendly company with a strong benefits package, flexible working hours, and a collegial atmosphere. Come join our growing team!
- Be a primary contributor to a team of Machine Learning Researchers, Data Scientists, Acousticians, Physicists, Mathematicians, Signal Processing Engineers, Electrical Engineers, System Engineers, and more to developing cutting edge solutions to complex problems.
- Help to research and design the development of innovative AI/ML signal processing techniques and algorithms for national defense
- Perform data analysis and exploration of various AI/ML techniques/algorithms for noise reduction, detection, and characterization.
What's in it for you?
- A chance to work with people in a challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve critically important, real-world problems with unique radar data
- Flexible work schedule to maintain work-life balance
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for Masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- BS degree with 4+ years of prior relevant radar signal processing experience, Masters with 2+ years of prior radar signal processing experience or Doctoral degree in a scientific field such as applied math, physics, or engineering.
- Experience with AI/ML applications
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a Top-Secret security clearance (not required to start)
- Expert in scientific algorithm development and radar data analysis.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Fluency in Python, MATLAB, or similar high-level language
- Proven track record of innovation, problem solving, and achieving technical results
- Strong documentation skills
- Required on-site full-time work in San Diego, CA
- Strong understanding of complex radar phenomenology, detection, and characterization.
- Experience programming in Python, MATLAB, and/or C/C++
- Completely comfortable with public speaking and/or customer presentations
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.