AI/ML – Language Engineer intern, NLP/ML research
|Published||November 2, 2022|
Join the team in Beijing that engineers Siri and other cloud-based services for international markets. Our team is primarily responsible for making Siri the best worldwide digital assistant. Teaching Siri how to understand and speak new languages is the main goal of our team, together with crafting and implementing a highly locally customized experience for our users. We are a deeply diverse and passionate group dedicated to bringing the future of intelligent assistants to the world. We are looking for a highly motivated research engineer in NLP and ML, with strong software engineering skills.
- Ability to work in an English-speaking environment
- Strong Software Engineering Fundamentals
- Experience with one or more version control systems
- Experience in using deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Pytorch
- Experience in NLP problems such as dialogue systems, text categorization, text clustering, information extraction, text summarization, etc.
- Ability to research and implement ML algorithms and run machine learning tests and experiments
- Excellent verbal and written communication, great teammate mentality and collaborative in nature
We are looking for an outstanding research engineering intern with consistent record of achieving results. This is an opportunity to partake in our team working to craft the future of human - computer interaction and advancing the state-of-the-art in NLP and speech technologies. Specific responsibilities will include: applying brand new algorithms to tackle problems in one of the wide range of NLP/Speech challenges such as natural language understanding and generation, low-resource NLP, knowledge graph, dialogue systems, text-to-speech and speech recognition. Using the power of large amount of data to tackle sophisticated NLP and machine learning problems. Providing insights and suggestions towards innovative new approaches and new product features as related to intelligent assistant. Interacting with other teams at Apple working towards the same goal; from Speech Recognition Specialists, Data Scientists to Speech Synthesis Engineers.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Role Number: 200434936