|Published||January 20, 2023|
|Location||Atlanta, United States of America|
The Advanced Computing and Artificial Intelligence Division at GTRI works on problems ranging from low-level computer architecture design, to building scalable algorithms and data structures, to machine learning and statistical inference. Our team spans the
full technology stack to bring cutting-edge research in data analytics to scale, and then apply those analytics to real-world problems to enable actionable insight. Our team works on a variety of projects ranging from data analytics in healthcare, predictive modeling, predictive maintenance, and large scale parallel and discrete scientific models and simulations. The projects are based out of the Tech Square area in Atlanta on the Georgia Tech campus. Occasional travel may be required and is project dependent. We are looking for candidates that are excited by working on a variety of problems always with an eye on sponsor value, performance, and scalability.
Develops AI/ML algorithms and the development of cloud computing or heterogeneous distributed computing infrastructure to support the deployment of AI/ML applications. Additionally, an AI/ML Engineer performs research in the mathematical foundations and frameworks for nonlinear systems characterized by time-varying and emerging dynamics of Evolving or Adaptive Systems. They work at the leading edge of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Genetic Programming (GP), Computer Vision (CV), and advanced data processing, filtering, and fusion techniques. Work in high-performance computing and distributed heterogeneous computing environments. Write parallel processing programs to deploy ML models developed by the data scientist into more complex systems. Familiarity with state-of-the-art, open-source software frameworks and high-performance computing accelerators for machine learning. Leverage the most recent advances in statistical analysis of large data sets (AI/ML) to advance state-of-the-art automated sensor and data processing for a broad range of smart and sensor enabled systems.
- Design complex system architectures (e.g. high performance computing clusters, networks, chipsets, GPUs) based on available hardware (e.g. embedded systems, cloud, on-premise, etc.)
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for deployment.
- Develop novel algorithms and methodologies.
- Engage with sponsors to meet system requirements.
- Primary author on technical reports and proposals.
- Support the design, development, analysis, and implementation of machine learning codes on medium- and large-scale clusters.
- Create parallel computing tools and frameworks to support mission applications.
- Lead the development of technical reports.
- Benchmark Machine learning models and compare results.
- Support MLOps deployment patterns
- Conduct sponsored research programs and independent research projects involving the application of machine learning and artificial intelligence to signals analysis
- Develop algorithms and code to analyze and make predictions from application-specific datasets
- Document and present results in appropriate forums
- Lead new proposal efforts to acquire sponsored research projects
- Lead sponsored research tasks including directing up to three students or researchers
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, Public Health or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated projects in machine learning, artificial intelligence, signal processing, or RF systems (1+ projects)
- Experience with ML Libraries like Pytorch, Tensorflow (2+ years)
- Accelerator or Inference Engine Programming experience
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, Public Health or a related discipline.
- Demonstrate record of publication in machine learning, artificial intelligence, signal processing, or RF systems (1+ publications)
- Experience with image/signal processing or functional programming (2+ years)
10% - 25% travel
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, Public Health or a related discipline.
- 3 years of related experience with a Masters’ degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, Public Health or a related discipline.
- 0 years of related experience with a Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, Public Health or a related discipline.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.