|Published||December 22, 2022|
|Location||Morrisville, United States of America|
In new product design roles: develops and programs integrated software algorithms to structure, analyze and leverage data in product and systems applications in both structured and unstructured environments. Develops and communicates descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive insights/algorithms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is part of the Engineering Team in R&D that has global responsibility for the successful introduction of the VIAVI Product portfolio. In this role, you will help Design, Test, Engineer and Deploy Viavi Products.
As an AI/ML Engineer, you will develop and program integrated software algorithms to structure, analyze and leverage data in product and systems applications in both structured and unstructured environments. Also, You will develop and communicate descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive insights/algorithms while working closely with the team to design, test, engineer and deploy holistic s/w solutions using microservices architectures, modern technologies, and emerging solutions
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering degree with emphasis on AI/ML
- Masters degree in Computer Science with AI/ML emphasis
- Basic knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems
- Basic C++, Python or Java programming experience
- Familiar with Atlassian Tool Suite a plus : JIRA (epic, story, bug, task tracking), Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo….
- Basic Understanding of Monolithic vs Microservices architectures
- Basic knowledge of Databases, Oracle, SQL, Postgres, Hadoop, Vertica a plus
- Basic Knowledge of Telecommunications domain and especially 5G a plus
- Basic knowledge of Virtual Environments such as MS Hyper-V, VMware, and Openstack