|Published||December 31, 2022|
|Location||Scottsdale, United States of America|
At Raven, we help farmers serve the world. This purpose guides the work and passion of our team members, who operate at the intersection of agriculture, technology, and innovation. For over 65 years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to learning more so we can grow as individuals and as a team. Today, we are united by our mission to develop a better and more sustainable planet for each of us.
This position can be located in our Sioux Falls, SD or Scottsdale, AZ locations. The AI Development Engineer will help develop innovative new products to solve problems using AI techniques such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning to drive Artificial Intelligence (AI) advancements in new product development and provide continual refinement of existing products once they are fielded.
- Generate software systems derived from various Machine Learning (ML) techniques to drive innovation.
- Generate software systems derived from various Deep Learning techniques to improve usability.
- Participate as a member of a Scrum team to generate working software within a sprint cycle.
- Write, develop, evaluate and document new and modified software programs using test driven development (TDD) methodologies.
- Build automated systems test environments and simulation software to drive capabilities.
- Conduct manual test and prepare software applications for field and customer installation.
- Support end users, including software troubleshooting and training.
- Research, investigate, and select technical data pertinent to the assigned project.
- Work with internal teams and external sources to obtain and communicate data relative to engineering requirements.
- Facilitate software asset management, including maintenance contracts.
- Prepare and present technical reports and recommendations on projects.
- Participate in department improvement activities.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Engineering, with focused coursework in AI/ML.
- Three or more years of related experience preferred.
- Refer to Engineer Level Guide (below) for placement in level: 1- Engineer, 2– Senior Engineer, 3– Staff Engineer, 4– Principal Engineer.
- Demonstrated capabilities using supervised Machine Learning and/or unsupervised deep learning techniques to build working software to solve problems.
- Competency using TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenCV, and/or other AI specific toolchains.
- Competency in C++ and Python.
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities.
- Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work well within a Scrum team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
- Travel may be necessary, based on position.
- High level of customer service skills. Well-developed problem analysis and problem-solving techniques.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, must thrive in team environments.
- Individually accountable driven to enhance team results.
Not all benefits are created equal, but we’ve got you covered. Raven not only offers a wide range of benefits that encourage wellness and preventative care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and disability insurance and 401k. We offer workplace flexibility policies to promote work/life balance in addition to paid time off (PTO) benefit. Team Members can also take advantage of additional benefit programs such as education assistance, our onsite fitness center or fitness center reimbursement, employee assistance program (EAP) and much more.
Raven is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.