|Published||January 22, 2023|
|Location||Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong|
Artificial intelligence is shaping the future of insurance. Our latest lab is located in the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park to turn this vision into a reality. As Canada's largest home, auto and business insurer, we're here to cultivate the next generation of technology and talent. Together, we're helping our customers protect what matters to them most through the power of data science, machine learning and AI.
Life in the Lab
Technology is only as good as the people behind it. Every day at work, you’ll inspire and be inspired by the brilliant minds of our greater lab team: actuaries, data scientists, machine learning experts, geomathematicians, meteorologists, software engineers and designers.
Together, you will tackle challenging problems and have the freedom to imagine, research, create, test, and bring innovative solutions to life that will have a profound impact on our business and the needs of our customers.
As our company grows, your career will grow with it. There will always be an opportunity for you to develop your leadership skills, strengthen your expertise or take your work in a new direction. Whether it’s leading a new, exciting project or moving into a different A.I. product team in Canada or Hong Kong, your career will always be on the move.
We have several fantastic opportunities for AI Developer Interns/Co-ops to join our teams. We are looking for students who can commit to a minimum of 3 months starting January or July 2023. We also offer 6-12 months placements/co-ops opportunities.
As a tech pioneer within a new AI lab, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with data scientist to build machine learning and advanced statistics into software applications for real-life customer and business problems
- Navigate differing opinions, ambiguity, and requirements to build and advocate designs with clear objectives and trade-offs
- Explore new technologies to improve developer experience and engineering process
- Grow alongside a diverse team of world-class experts in data science, software engineering, actuarial science, business, and design
- Create, test, and deploy well-designed and efficient code
- Collaborate with our teams in HK & Canada to share knowledge, learnings, results, and tools
- All this plus great work-life balance!
AI Developer Intern: Here’s what you bring to the table:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree in computer science, software engineering, AI or a related discipline
- Experience with Python or other language such as Java, C++, C#, etc
- Familiar with our tech stack: Flask, MongoDB, Kafka, AWS Cloud, Terraform, Vue.js, Snowflake
- Unlimited curiosity and a passion to challenge the status quo
- Ability to focus on vaguely defined issues requiring the application of a creative approach
- Strong communication, time management and work organization skills
- If you don’t have experience in AI, a strong desire to immerse yourself in this exciting field
The Intact Lab – with headquarters in Montreal, Canada – is a fast-growing, digital innovation hub backed by Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC, HK$110 billion in market cap), Canada’s largest home, auto and business insurance company.
Intact Financial (HK) limited (Intact Lab, HK) is our first R&D A.I. centre outside of Canada. This expansion into the Asia Pacific region is an exciting chapter of our journey to become the best insurance A.I. shop in the world.
What We Offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
- A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
- An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
- Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
- Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
- Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
- A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks and internal candidates.
Benefits found in job post
- Medical insurance