|Published||November 26, 2022|
|Location||Laurel, United States of America|
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
Do you value working in a creative and collaborative environment?
Does devising and developing groundbreaking applications for everything from UAVs to spacecraft sound like your dream job?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Computer Vision and Machine Learning Research Engineer to develop inventive, ground breaking solutions for challenges in machine perception. You will be joining our team of hardworking scientists and engineers dedicated to the development of novel imaging and perception systems for remote sensing and Earth observation.
As a Computer Vision / Machine Learning Research Engineer, you will...
- Primarily conduct research to engineer practical solutions for imaging systems based on groundbreaking methods in computer vision and machine learning
- Contribute to state of the art research and author and present your work at leading academic conferences and workshops
- Engage with sponsor and user communities to understand critical needs and assess the practical impact of your work
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
Have a proven understanding of computer vision and machine learning theory
- Possess practical experience applying machine learning to computer vision tasks using Python and modern frameworks such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, or PyTorch
- Can demonstrate the ability to communicate complex ideas orally and in technical writing
- Have completed a Master 's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- Have a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You 'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have experience working in a collaborative environment
- Are passionate about and experienced in developing open source research software
- Have experience publishing at a top-tier computer vision conference
- Possess a PhD degree in a related discipline
- Have 5+ years of related experience
- Hold an active Secret clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.