|Published||November 18, 2022|
|Location||Home, United States of America|
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for assigned schedule of audit reviews. Utilizes audit methodology and provides analytical support for various functions leveraging internal and external data as well as industry, economic, and market information for analytics and/or model development in support of the audit review. Uses data to support the audit and participate in client interviews, process flow and narrative creation, review of business processes, identification, and assessment of controls, testing of key controls, finding development and communicate with clients to develop and follow-up on actions.
Actively manages and escalates risk and customer-impacting issues within the day-to-day role to management.
- Completes assigned audits/audit tasks using department tools and pursuant to department guidelines, within established timetables with high quality results.
- Uses quantitative skills and tools for data preparation, including sampling, data pulling, aggregation, and other data preparation treatments. Perform simulations and general ad-hoc analyses and testing to provide risk related insights.
- Highlights potential findings for discussion with audit lead/supervisor.
- Continues to develop skill sets by meeting required training and obtaining advanced degrees and/or certification pursuant to department guidelines. Maintain a high level of understanding of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools, and advanced techniques, including knowledge in UNIX, programming skills in SAS/R/SQL, and any other statistical software used in Discover
- Develops and implements quantitative solutions that leverage structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources. Analyzes and mines large quantities of data to find patterns and insights.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Information Technology or Analytics
- 1+ years of Analytics, Audit, Finance, Risk Management, Business, IT, Predictive Analytics, Fraud Analytics, Modeling, or related with Bachelor's Degree
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Information Technology or Analytics
Certification or License
- Business, CAP, Six Sigma, Risk, STEM, Audit, or related certifications preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.