|Published||December 3, 2022|
|Location||Lincolnshire, United States of America|
Remote Work: Hybrid
At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge - helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
Zebra Technologies’ Chief Technology Office is an intrapreneurial team creating innovative solutions for the transportation & logistics, warehouse, retail, and healthcare markets. These “first of a kind” solutions are helping retail managers improve their store operations & better serve their customers and are helping T&L managers enhance the efficiency of their loading operations.
The CTO’s Solution Incubation Team focuses on advanced development and application of emerging edge sensing, artificial intelligence, and workflow optimization technologies in innovative end-to-end system prototypes to solve real-world problems and advance these systems into new businesses. We are currently hiring for our artificial intelligence group, whose expertise includes machine learning, computer vision, image analysis, natural language processing, embedded systems, and cloud computing.
The program is designed to provide you with a full experience so that you can fully envision a career with Zebra. You will be positioned for success with training, exposure to all parts of the business, social activities, a professional mentor relationship and development sessions to help you discover your own performance edge!
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
*Currently accepting applications for candidates local to Lincolnshire, IL
*Seeking students currently enrolled in a graduate degree program (MA/MS or PhD)
Working with members of our team, you will contribute to the advancement of cutting-edge prototype solutions for our virtuals. Projects vary from Exploratory Data Analysis to the development of algorithms, applying statistical and machine learning models.
- Creative problem solving based on customer datasets and requirements
- Designing ML algorithms to improve existing workflows. This work is done in collaboration with other scientists and researchers on the team.
- Designing client/server systems for back-end processing and visualization of data;
- Generating patent disclosures covering the system solutions and the underlying methods
- Presenting results and demonstrations at internal and customer meetings.
- Current enrollment in an graduate degree program (MA/MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Must be graduating in May or December 2023, 2024, or 2025
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Must reside within 50 miles of the primary work location
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in C, C++ programming languages is required
- Mastery of at least one scripting language such as Python
- Experience with Reinforcement Learning is a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
- Top notch organizational skills
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf.
The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
Zebra is a federal contractor and is committed to an alcohol and drug free workplace. As a result, all U.S. based employees are subject to the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy and Procedure.
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 19.00 - USD 42.50 Hourly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.