2023 Summer Internship – AI Scientist Intern
|Published||January 14, 2023|
|Location||Frisco, United States of America|
Remote Work: Yes
Build Today. Create Tomorrow.
Join a team of builders, doers, and problem solvers.
The purpose of this internship is to prepare college students for entry into the business world by providing a thorough understanding of the various functions of the Zebra Technologies organization. The program is designed to provide you with a full experience so that you can fully envision a career with Zebra. You will be positioned for success with training, exposure to all parts of the business, social activities, a professional mentor relationship and development sessions to help you discover your own performance edge!
- The research team is always looking at applying new techniques and approaches to solving forecasting and optimization problems.
- We would like an intern that is currently in graduate school (masters or PhD) where they can investigate novel approaches to existing client issues (or benchmarked problems) without the pressure of client deliverables.
- Develop planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Increase technology knowledge and skills
- Develop team-based work proficiencies
- Develop interpersonal skills to connect with day-to-day business contacts through follow up activities
- Current enrollment in an graduate degree program (MS, MA, or PhD) in Computer science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Machine Learning
- Must be graduating in Dec 2023 - May 2025 if completing a master's degree
- If pursuing a PhD, graduation date can be Dec 2023 - May 2027
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Ability to code in Python
- Experience with machine learning, data science, artificial intelligence, and/or optimization
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
- Experience with Spark or Databricks
- Time series forecasting experience
- Retail, CPG, or supply chain experience.
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 19.00 - USD 42.50 Hourly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.