|Published||January 10, 2023|
|Location||South San Francisco, United States of America|
2023 Summer Intern – Machine Learning/Prescient Frontier Research
The Machine Learning (ML) group within Prescient Design seeks exceptional graduate interns with a demonstrated research background in machine learning, a passion for independent research and technical problem-solving, and a proven ability to develop and implement ideas from research.
Our mission is to develop and apply cutting-edge methods in designing novel molecules. Researchers will primarily focus on the deep learning subfield of machine learning but should be broadly interested in methods capable of effective representation learning that can help drive and sharpen the research questions we study. Fundamentally, our research goals allow us to collaborate closely with and–contribute uniquely to–many different project teams across the company.
This internship position is located in South San Francisco on site.
- Participate in cutting-edge research in machine learning and applications to drug discovery, design, and development.
- You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams across gRED to solve complex problems in the life sciences e.g., structural and computational biology, computational chemistry, etc..
- Intensive 12-weeks, full time (40 hours per week) paid internship.
- Program start dates are in May and June 2023.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
- Final presentations of project work to senior leaders.
- Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
- Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities.
Who You Are
Education (select from the suggested options):
- PhD Student (pursuing PhD, not completed)
- Preferred majors: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, Physics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
- Strong publication record and experience contributing to research communities, including conferences like NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AISTATS, UAI, CVPR, ACL, etc.
- Strong programming skills in languages like C/C++, Python, Java, Scala, or Go.
- Experience with one or more of the following: PyTorch, TensorFlow, JAX.
Along with the submission of your CV, a cover letter is optional.
Relocation benefits are not available for this job posting.
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location for this position of California is $21.00 - $50.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law. This position also qualifies for paid holiday time off benefits.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Job Sub Category
Internships & Co-ops
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Jan 9th 2023