Make Your Impact Within a Rapidly Growing Fintech Company
The BILL Summer Intern Program is full of fantastic opportunities to immerse yourself in our #incrediBILL culture and live our company values during your 11-week, paid experience. During your internship, you’ll own comprehensive projects that have real impacts on small-to-medium sized businesses, our products, and our employees, and you’ll be provided many mentorship and development opportunities along the way to foster a shared passion for SMBs.
You’ll engage with leaders through our executive speaker series, and be immersed in our Employee Resource Group initiatives and events so you can get a feel of what matters most here at BILL. No matter which of our offices you’re based out of - San Jose, Houston, or Draper - you’ll experience our Fun value firsthand with Intern Nights Out and group events, and countless other chances to connect with your fellow interns.
Sound like your kind of summer? Come join us.
About The Team
The Finance Growth Analytics team sits at the intersection of Data Science and Finance. We synthesize $100b+ of transactions from one of the richest small and medium sized business data sets in the world, and share those insights with the business’ top executives. In addition to being responsible for overall business health, we leverage machine learning to predict future business growth as well as broad economic trends across the entire U.S. economy. The team is currently small but growing fast, with an ever-evolving list of exciting questions to answer.
- Apply advanced statistical methods to better understand Bill’s economics and its relation to the broader economy
- Develop and deploy models for key growth drivers
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Build dashboards and presentations to share your findings with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborate with other data scientists, data analysts, and finance analysts to proactively seek and incorporate feedback into your work
We’d Love To Chat If You Have
- A strong fundamental understanding of a quantitative field through the pursuit of a Master’s or Ph.D. degree (e.g. Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics, etc.) graduating between May and August of 2024.
- Deep knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) either through side projects, research, classwork, or previous work experience
- A strong understanding of machine learning and statistics
- Self-motivated and excited about the opportunity to solve open-ended problems
- The ability to clearly communicate with stakeholders and focus on driving business impact
- Experience building data pipelines using SQL and Python and workflow automation tools such as Airflow and dbt
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Dedicated, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble – No ego
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
BILL currently requires all personnel who work onsite at its facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID19 virus. Proof of COVID19 vaccine will be required post hire to work onsite at our BILL facilities. Medical and religious exemptions to the vaccination will be reviewed on submission.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants