|Published||April 13, 2023|
|Location||Edmond, United States of America|
The purpose of the Data Scientist Internship is to collaborate with stakeholders across the business to determine how data can be leveraged to enable extraordinary outcomes. They do so by understanding business needs, designing data modeling processes, creating predictive models, and helping analyze the outputs. This role requires close integration and partnership with the business and requires business acumen in order to output the best technical solutions.
What is Compellier?
Compellier is focused on creating value in the construction industry by investing in technologies and business practices that improve the longevity and quality of building systems as well as the work environment and productivity of our team members and customers in service of our purpose- balconies that don’t leak; floors that don’t fail. We build sustainable growth through startups, targeted acquisitions, and development of solid relationships that support our industry with superior service and technology. Compellier has three brands:
- Cemplex Group: A construction subcontractor serving primarily the multi-family housing and hospitality markets across the central and eastern United States from 6 regional offices.
- Formulated Materials: A developer and distributor of waterproofing, sound dampening, leveling, and sub-floor systems that are leading innovation in their field.
- Smart Batch Systems: An innovative startup making network connected small aggregate cement mixing heavy equipment that makes work crews safer and more productive while providing immediate access to productivity, progress, and issues on construction projects.
At Compellier, we believe our ICOMPEL values are the foundation for all internal interactions and how we conduct business. We are seeking a new Team Member who can execute the responsibilities of the position in a manner that is consistent with our values.
Integrity: Do the right thing
Commitment: Keep your promises and make happy customers
Opportunity to Succeed: This is a career, seize the day
Master your Craft: Take pride in your work
Protect: Keep each other safe
Everyone: We are all involved and bring value
Love: Treat others with dignity and respect
Duties And Responsibilities
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results
- Innovates on projects by using new modeling techniques, computer vision techniques or tools
- Reviews and evaluates on appropriateness of techniques, given current modeling practices, to senior leadership
- Partner with stakeholders to drive the discovery process, asking the right questions and understanding business goals
- Manage processes to acquire, process, clean, integrate, and store data, applying appropriate models and algorithms. Apply data science techniques, such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence to enable the most impactful learning
- Drive exploration of data with stakeholders to iterate as necessary, including measuring and improving results
- Systematically diagnose ongoing issues and roadblocks to growth, justifying investment in more strategic solutions that make our technology products and platforms significantly more efficient and effective
- Standardize, normalize, clean, and format data
- Extract features and build machine learning applications by training on large datasets
- Provide recommendations for algorithm development, testing, validation, and model feedback
- Produce clear, concise, documented, and production-ready code
- Effectively tell stories with data using visualization tools/methods to demonstrate insight, impact, and business value
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to live the ICOMPEL Values
Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment and ensure deadlines are met
Ability to concentrate on detail
MS Office experience
- Ability to solve problems, think critically, and communicate clearly
- Knowledge of statistical modeling, machine learning, mathematical optimization, and/or data mining
- Communication expert with the ability to convey technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of audiences
- Deep functional expertise, including multiple methodologies and tools, and ongoing awareness of evolution within the industry that breeds innovation across the team
- Knowledge of prototyping & proof of concept mechanisms
- Ability to be a self-starter and dig in and learn new systems
- Understanding of Datawarehouse Concepts
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau or Power BI
Education And Experience
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, business analytics, computer or physical science)
- Experience with programming
- An understanding of algorithmic scaling and complexity a plus.
- Valid state drivers license
- Must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Work in an office setting
Safely perform work with appropriate safety gear when needed