Applied Deep Learning Research Scientist, Graphics
|Published||December 30, 2022|
|Location||Santa Clara, United States of America|
We are now seeking an Applied Deep Learning Research Scientist for Graphics!
NVIDIA's ADLR team is now searching for a Research Scientist with a strong background in computer graphics, rendering, and game development! If you are excited about applying deep learning to revolutionize graphics and gaming and work on the research behind impactful technology like DLSS 2.0, this team will be a great fit for you! You will be working with interdisciplinary experts in the teams to push the frontier of deep learning applications for computer graphics. After building prototypes that demonstrate the promise of your research, you will work with product teams to help them integrate your ideas into products.
What you'll be doing:
- Conceive deep learning approaches to solving product problems in graphics.
- Construct and curate large problem-specific datasets.
- Training DL models on clusters, iterative on the quality of your models.
- Prototyping your DL models in real-time in real game engines using CUDA.
- This position requires you to keep up with the latest Computer Graphics and DL research and collaborate with diverse teams (internal and external to NVIDIA), including DL researchers, hardware architects, and software engineers.
- Transfer technology to product groups.
What we need to see:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EECS or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of relevant research and software development experience.
- Strong computer science background: experience coding systems with complexity and scale. Python and Linux experience is important. Pytorch, CUDA, C++ are critical.
- Experience with one or ideally both:
- Deep learning research experience, ideally with publications and/or applied research
- Graphics and real-time rendering experience. Publications and experience in engine development, ray tracing/path tracing and image reconstruction will help you stand out.
About the team:
- We're the team that created DLSS 2.0. We are creating amazing new technology beyond DLSS to take gaming performance and image quality to whole new levels by leveraging deep learning.
- We do fundamental Computer Vision research in Generation and Perception.
- Current areas of focus for this team are:
- Temporal image reconstruction
- Ray/Path Traced Denoising
- Neural rendering: Generative models, 3D
- Fundamental research in Perception: optical flow prediction, semantic segmentation, detection, tracking
- 3D Vision: inferring 3D models/assets from images/video
- Large-scale multi-modal image/language models: CLIP, DALL-E
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most resourceful and dedicated people in the world working for us. Are you creative and collaborative? Do you love the challenge of exploring and creating new techniques that will define our future products? If so, we want to hear from you! Come, join our Applied Deep Learning Research team and help us invent the future of our company.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.