|Published||December 24, 2022|
|Location||Madison, United States of America|
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 18M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
This role requires you to be located in Chicago, Madison, or Birmingham.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch summer Software Engineer internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates May 22 to August 11, 2023. Applicants should have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their undergraduate studies after their internship concludes
- REQUIRED: Python programming skills
- Solid SQL skills
- Familiarity with Unix systems, shell scripting, and Git
- Experience with relational (SQL), non-relational (NoSQL), and/or object data stores (e.g., Snowflake, MongoDB, S3, HDFS, Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Interest in building and experimenting with different tools and tech, and sharing your learnings with the broader organization
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Coursework in Programming and Data structures and Algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with open source software and dependency management
- ETL process, data pipeline, and/or micro-service development experience
- Coursework in Software Design, Database, Big Data Mining
Candidates must be located in the US to work for Fetch Rewards.